What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, normally consisting of letters and/or numbers, sent by the website visited by users and stored by the software (such as a web browser) installed on the device used by the user to browse the web. Cookies are then sent back to the website the next time the user visits it.
Cookies allows information to be stored each time a user visits a website and are an exceptionally useful tool given that, for example, they allow the websites to function properly, making them more efficient, and also provide useful information to their operators. Without cookies, or other similar technologies, websites would have no way to “remember” information on their visitors, such as the number of items in the shopping cart or whether or not they have logged in.
Cookies are classified based on their:
- duration: session or persistent cookies;
- origin: first party or third party cookies;
- purpose: technical and analytical cookies.
Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (normally when users close the browser) are called session cookies and are useful for storing details on the purchase orders of users, or for security purposes as regards to internet banking or webmail accounts. Persistent cookies on the other hand, are stored for a longer period of time (between sessions) and are useful for storing user preferences.
The definition of first or third party cookies refers to the website or domain that place the cookie. First-party cookies are placed directly by the website the user is visiting, while third-party cookies are placed by a domain other than the one the user is visiting, for example if the website incorporates elements from other sites.
It should be noted that the purposes usually performed by a cookie can also be achieved using other similar technologies, which are used to identify devices and analyse visits to a website. Therefore, this information notice applies to any technology that stores or accesses information on user devices. For example, this category may include local HTML5 storage, Local Shared objects (also called flash cookies), and fingerprinting techniques. More specifically, fingerprinting is a technique that combines a series of information so as to uniquely identify a particular device. The information that the device fingerprinting can detect, associate, or retrieve includes:
- data resulting from the configuration of a device;
- data deduced from the use of particular network protocols;
- HTTP header information, clock information;
- installed fonts; • plugins installed on the browser.
It is also possible to combine these elements with additional information, such as IP addresses or unique identifiers, etc.
From now on, when the term cookiesis used in this notice, reference is also made to the other similar technologies.
What are the purposes of the cookies used by this site?
Depending on the specific purpose, the cookies installed on this site are identified as technical cookies and analytical cookies.
Technical cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the website as they enable functions that facilitate browsing for users. Technical cookies are classified as strictly necessary because the storage of information is essential to provide services requested by users. Therefore, technical cookies cannot be disabled and the prior consent of users is not required for their placement (pursuant to art. 122 of the Privacy Code).
The name, purpose of use and duration of each technical cookie is provided below:
|CookieScriptConsent||This keeps track of whether or not a user clicked the cookie banner to determine whether to continue displaying it or not||Session|
First or third party analytical cookies, are placed to collect information on user behaviour on the website. More specifically, they are useful for statistically analysing logins or visits to the site itself, and to allow the owner to improve its structure, navigation logics and contents. The information collected is used to perform aggregated statistical analyses in order to improve the use of the website.
The name, purpose of use, origin and duration of each analytic cookie is provided below:
|_gat_gtag_[property_id]||This cookie collects anonymous data on intra-site navigation used to compile reports for statistical analysis and to improve website performance||Session|
Please note that this website does not use profiling cookies.
Users can, in any case, express their preferences regarding cookies by changing the settings of the browser used; it is possible to delete/remove all or certain cookies or block the sending of cookies or restrict them to certain sites.
Disabling / blocking or deleting cookies may compromise the optimal use of certain areas of the website, prevent the use of certain features, or affect the functioning of third party services.
Cookie management configuration depends on your browser. Below are the instructions and links to the cookie management guides for the main desktop browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Click the 'Tools' icon in the upper right corner and select “Internet Options”. In the pop-up window select “Privacy”, “Advanced” and change the cookie settings. For further information use the link below: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Google Chrome: click on the three-dot icon in the upper right corner and select “Settings”. Select “Advanced” and under “Privacy and Security” click on “Site Settings”. Select “Cookies and site data” to change the settings. For further information use the link below: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it&p=cpn_cookies%20https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=it
- Mozilla Firefox: click on the three horizontal bar icon in the upper right corner and select “Options”. In the pop-up window select “Privacy and Security” and change the cookie settings. For further information use the link below: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
- Apple Safari: In the pop-up window select “Preferences” and then “Privacy” and change the cookie settings. For further information use the link below: https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: click on the three horizontal bar icon in the upper right corner and select “Advanced”. Select “Privacy & Security” and then select “Site Settings”. Select “Cookies and Site Data” and change the cookie settings. For further information use the link below: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
For browsers other than those listed above, please read the relative guide to find out how to manage such cookies.
Identity and contact details of the Data Controller
Upon consulting this website personal data may be processed relative to identified or identifiable persons. The “Data Controller” is Banca Popolare di Sondrio, a cooperative joint-stock company, with registered office in Piazza Garibaldi, 16 - 23100 Sondrio (SO). Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact data: In compliance with the regulatory obligations, the Bank has appointed a Data Protection Officer “DPO”, whose contact details are as follows: email address: firstname.lastname@example.org PEC: email@example.com; tel. no.: 0342/528403.